A Long Time in Longview

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Abbster and I spent all of last week in Longview, while Matt stayed busy in Dallas with lots of goings on for work. We had a great time on our trip, and I know Abby will be bored now that we're back home without being surrounded by grandparents, Great-Grandma Dorothy, Uncle Chris, and the sights and sounds of the grandparents' houses. Abby got to visit Nana at ol' PTJHS, Grammie at Kilgore College, Papa at Square D, and, of course, got rocked to sleep EVERY DAY (sorry other grandparents!) by Grandpa Van. We had a wonderful time.

Here's Abby with her dada before he left to go back to Dallas and work. :(
Abby liked Great-uncle Burt's motorcycle. Here's hoping she doesn't fall for a guy in leather riding one of these things in 18 years!
Great-Grandma Dorothy kept Abby entertained daily. They have the best time together.
Mom found one of my old tutus. Abby enjoyed admiring herself in the mirror.
Ah, shoelaces. I don't think my dad's laces ever stayed tied!
After a nap. Always happy. She must get that from her father. I, on the other hand, am a tad bit crankier once I wake up. Both Matt and Kathy can vouch for that! :)
Here's a sad attempt at pigtails. The hair needs to be a little longer. Ha.
Abby and her Grammie.
Flying high.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Cathy, you were indeed a grouch in the a.m.! But I love you anyway! I actually miss your grouchiness...maybe one day we can share a room in the old folks home. It will be just like old times...we can eat chicken and rice, watch Friends reruns, and fight over the thermostat! :) Love you, roomie!