Two Firsts: Snow and Up, Up You Go!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Abby experienced two firsts in the past 24 hours: her first snowfall and her first climbing of the stairs! Yikes!

Those of you who live around here know that last night's snowfall was gorgeous! It hasn't snowed here like that in a couple of years. The one time it actually snows, it came as a bit of a surprise. Normally the local weathermen are scaring us with their discussions of "Artic Blasts", hyping up a huge weather event that usually just turns out to be a couple of puddles on the ground and a pellet or two of ice! I didn't realize that we were going to get a couple of inches of snow. While I would have loved to have taken Abby's picture out in the snow, two reasons prevented me from doing so:

1. She woke up with a runny nose.
2. (Most importantly!) She can't walk yet. And crawling in the snow doesn't strike me as a very intelligent thing to have a baby do! :)
We'll just look forward to next winter and building a snowman.

Here she is peeking out the back door this morning, looking at the snow.

Last night

This morning


She also took it upon herself to climb up the first two steps on the staircase this morning. Matt and I came very close to purchasing a gate at Babies R Us on Sunday. I think we'll be buying one this week!

Thinking about it last night
Climbing to the second step this morning

Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday.

2 comments:

The Johnstons said...

Snow, how fun...and your house is beautiful! As for the previous post, the pose picture and video are hilarious and precious all at the same time!

I hadn't thought about getting Parker a Spin ID, but I definitely should...Jered and I have one! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm not cool enough yet to have a husband and kids, but I stalk everyone else's frequently! I can't get over the SNOW! I had no idea Dallas got that much. We got nada here! I love the night pic, esp the footprints out to take the picture!! :) What a beautiful Casa!!..and Abby aint bad either!! :) Too Cute!