Reunion

Monday, October 6, 2008

This past weekend was my 10 year high school reunion. Sometimes, it seems like high school was just yesterday, and then other times, I feel like it was forever ago. Luckily I was able to see many of my high school friends, and best yet, I got to spend lots of time with my long distance BFF Kathy, who decided going off to medical school in Lubbock and becoming a doctor was way more important than living next door and hanging out with me every day!! It really was great to see people I hadn't seen in 10 years. Some looked different. Some looked the same. They say at the 10 year reunion people haven't really changed much since high school, but at the 20 year reunion, people are less worried about impressing and are just more themselves. We'll see if that's true in 10 years! Meanwhile, here are some pics. I didn't take very many. If any of you h.s. pals out there have pics of the moms with the kids, I need them!!

Here are the gals. 10 years ago, this exact same group of girls (minus some who couldn't come this weekend) made predictions about where we'd all be 10 years in the future. Well, 10 years had passed, so we opened up the predictions and read them aloud. It was hilarious. My prediction was that I'd be a stand up comedian, married to a cute Elvis impersonator who wears bell-bottoms. Seriously. Sadly, I didn't live up to those high expectations (ha!). Here is Matt and me before the dinner.
Kathy and me
Matt, me, Kathy, and Cary.
And, last but not least, no post would be complete without a picture of Abby! Here she is petting Maggie. She LOVES dogs!

If I receive more pics, I'll post them later. In the meantime, I need some sleep. I am WAY too old to be staying out so late! :)

2 comments:

The Venables said...

Great post, Cathy! Seriously hilarious....I almost bought that SAME dress Abby is wearing for Mabry just the other day and I DID buy those SAME shoes she is wearing for Mabry just this weekend! Did I mention I got the shoes on sale for $8??! I guess great minds think alike!:)

The Venables said...

Well, now that I look a little closer I can't tell if the shoes are exactly the same or not. Stride Rite?? Nevertheless, great taste!