Happy Birthday, Kathy!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just a quick post to say a huge Happy Birthday to my BFF Kathy! Kathy and I have been friends since 6th grade. We were (totally awesome) majorettes together, college roommates (in both a trailer park and apartments! ha!) at A&M, each others maid of honor, and we have stayed long-distance best friends for the past 6 years, while she went to that "other school" in West Texas. She doesn't like to brag on herself, so I'll do it for her.

I'm so proud of her and her accomplishments. She graduated from Medical School at Tech, and she is in her first year of Residency in Pathology. While I was hoping she would become a dermatologist so I could have free laser hair removals and Botox for life, I must settle for a pathologist. Ha! Truth be told, she is my first phone call when Abby is sick, I am sick, or just to gab about the Stephanie Plum novels we're reading. She is like a walking WebMd. In fact, she's given me great advice on my nasty cold I have currently. (By the way, Kathy, I did NOT take my antibiotic just like you recommended. :) ) Sadly, I use and abuse her knowledge of all things medicine. I wish I could repay the favor. If she ever needs to know which brand of detergent is best to use on kids' clothes or what cleaner will get crayon out of the carpet, then I'm her gal!

So, here's to you, Kathy! Happy birthday! I hope you had a great one! I would have posted some MUCH older photos of us from the early 90s, but, LUCKILY I don't have them scanned. I'm pretty sure y'all don't want to see Keds and perms anyway, right??

3 comments:

The Johnstons said...

so sweet...and happy birthday kathy!!!

Anonymous said...

That was the best birthday surprise and you are the greatest BFF ever!! 2 things: 1. Stop bragging on me; you know I hate that! 2. I'm not sure I'll ever repay you for all of the essays, personal statements, etc. that you have proofed for me. We make a great team!
Thanks for writing such thoughtful and sweet words about me. I miss you so much! Love ya!
-kat

The Venables said...

Two very wonderful K(C)athys indeed! I am so proud to call both of you my dear friends! Happy birthday Kathy Mac! We are all SO proud of you! Love you girls!