Goings On

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So, we've been a bit busy lately. I headed to Longview on Thursday, with plans to spends lots of time with family, attend the church carnival, go to Candy's wedding, eat some good ol' Papacita's, but, as those of us with kids know, things can change on a dime!

Abby started to have fever on Thursday, but I didn't think much of it. She had had a cold for a couple of weeks, so I figured that was it. Her fever stayed around, spiking at times, she was burning up when she woke up, she was waking up way earlier than normal, screaming, and she was screaming quite a bit (something she never does.) One second she would be happy, the next she couldn't stop crying, as though she were in agony. It got bad enough that we finally decided to take her to the emergency room. Now, had we been in Allen, I would have taken her to our pediatrician's after-hours clinic he is affiliated with, but we were in Longview, it was the weekend, and there really weren't any other options, so we headed to Longview Regional.

It turns out that she has a double ear infection (her second time for this), and they thought she had strep, but, luckily, the swab test came back negative. Poor thing! Two hours later, we left the hospital with prescriptions, and once she got antibiotics in her, she was feeling much better. Thank God for modern medicine!!

Thankfully Abby is feeling much more herself. She is still pretty tired (she fell back asleep at 11:30 this morning and is currently napping!), but luckily she can go to MDO tomorrow. It's Class Picture Day, after all. I can't wait to see that picture. Someone tell me how the photographer is going to get 8 one year olds to stand together and smile?! Priceless!

So, that's what we've been up to. Here are a few recent Fall pics from when she was feeling well:

We didn't get to a Pumpkin Patch this year. Oh well. I figured our front porch pumpkin would work just fine.

Abby with her boyfriend, Mr. Scarecrow. Every time she sees him, she kisses all over him!
Peek-a-boo!
Nana and Papa found this Witch costume for a steal! Too cute!
Here's her original Halloween costume: Dorothy. And how adorable are those Ruby Red Slippers?!

She loves her rocking horse!
Matt LOVES this picture, for obvious reasons. I'm pretty sure she's trying to stick ONLY her thumb up, right?? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am actually rooting for Tech this weekend. Things are much happier in our household when Tech wins! :)
I turn around for two seconds and she finds and applies my eyeliner.
Happy baby.
Here's to a SICK-FREE, STRESS-FREE, relaxing week, everyone!! I'll post more pictures after our Mom's group Halloween Party on Friday.

2 comments:

The Johnstons said...

oh, i hate when they're sick! glad miss abby is feeling better now. we missed you at the wedding!

H said...

Glad to hear that Abby is feeling better.
I just love the Dorothy costume with those cute shoes!

Love,
Holly