Success!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thank you to those of you who left reassurances for Abby's first day of MDO. I am happy to report that yesterday was a success! I admit that I cried for a little bit. I admit that I am totally attached to my daughter and enjoy spending time with her. But I'll tell you what: those 5 hours sneak by rather quickly!! I am proud to say that I re-organized two closets, moved stuff to the garage to be placed in the attic, mopped, did laundry, finished my book, ate lunch in front of the TV, and rested. I felt rather productive! :)

When I picked Abby up, she was at the door waiting, with a big smile on her face. I was elated! :) The teacher, Miss Amy, said Abby did "great", so that made me happy. Here is the progress report they sent home with her:

First, I was shocked she napped. Wow! Second, I was surprised they didn't check "chatty." I give it a couple of weeks. :) It doesn't surprise me that "cooperative" wasn't checked. While she is most of the time, lately, she thinks that it's funny to run away from Mommy when she has something that she's not supposed to have. It's pretty cute, honestly. She just grins and laughs and jogs away from me. I always catch her, of course, and then, due to the capture, she turns over the object. I'm thinking her teachers might not like that too much, though!!


Here she is before and after MDO. I'm still waiting for her super cute personalized lunch bag to come in. In the meantime, she's got this substitute.
I dig tennis shoes on little people.

After MDO. I thought she'd nap at some point after getting home, but she didn't. Oh well.

You think she was around paint??

One Wednesday down, quite a few more to go. I think I'll get my hair cut next Wednesday. Exciting!

0 comments: