Bubbles and Birthdays!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Abby had her first bubble bath tonight. She was a bit unsure of the bubbles at first (she even tasted them!) but she ended up liking them!
Papa Rick came to visit last week while he was in town on business. Luckily he found time to take Abby on a ride around the block in her wagon!


We went to Longview this weekend to celebrate my brother Chris and my father-in-law Rick's birthdays. We had a wonderful time and filled our bellies (as usual!) on the wonderful feast last night and lunch today! How is it that each time I go to LV, I end up with tight pants and circles under my eyes?? I'm pretty tired at the moment, so I'll keep this short and simple, posting some pics from the weekend.

We spent some time Saturday morning at the park by Chris's new house. Abby enjoyed swinging on the swings, sliding down the slide, and running around.

I love this picture of her, as she's about to go down the slide.


Little girl, big tree Abby and her uncle Chris
Abby and Pops
Move over Nastia Liukin. We have a future Gold Medal Olympian in Gymnastics on our hands!!

Happy birthday, Papa Rick!!
She loves that piano!
She also loves splashing in the sink!

See, I told you I was going to keep that short and simple! I'm pooped!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Totally hear you on the tighter pants and being MORE tired after a weekend in 'the view'. I have that same problem! I can tell you're enjoying your bday camera... you are getting some great shots that you will treasure! I can't wait to get after baby Luke with mine! :)

The Venables said...

Absolutely adorable pics, Cathy! That little munchkin just gets cuter by the day and you are really capturing some great moments with your camera! As far as eating goes, Mabry seems to be doing better at times. I nearly fell out of my chair last night when she gobbled up some tomatoes. She usually shuns just about EVERY vegetable we put in front of her. Wait, maybe tomato is a fruit...hence the seeds....oh well. Anyway, she has some better days and it seems to work sometimes if we all cheer for her when she takes a big bite of something and shows us how "big" she is. I know it is very frustrating when they won't eat what you put in front of them but hang in there! Hopefully this will all pass soon! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!