Six Reasons Today Is A Good Day

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Six Reasons today is a good day:

1. Abby is over the flu! Yea! Thanks to those of you who sent well wishes. They were much appreciated. I have discovered something over the past week: staying inside with a 21-month-old for five and a half days straight will lead you to drink. I'm just saying. The term "stay-at-home mom" is usually used loosely to describe my job. No, we don't "stay home" all day, every day. If we did, instead of going to church Bible Studies and Bunko get-togethers, stay-at-home moms would be going to AA meetings. :)
But staying inside for that long period of time creates the worst Cabin Fever. I think we have watched every Dora episode known to man at this point. Also, Abby has come to love Tico The Squirrel. She runs around the house yelling, "Tee-Cohhh" or "Tee-Tohhhh." I dont really mind that she's watched several episodes over the past week, but do you think it's bad that when I asked her what she wanted for breakfast the other day, she responded, "Me encantarĂ­a una torta, por favor"???? Just joshing. Thank goodness for good weather Sunday afternoon because we hit the park! We are officially back to the land of the living!

2. I rescued two lost dogs today. They ran up to me after I pulled into the garage earlier. Turns out they belong to the neighbors who live several houses down behind us. Millie and Winnie were not thrilled about having strange dogs in our backyard, and they let the dogs know it. I feel good about my rescue. I would hope someone would do the same for our dogs. Reminds me of the time my mom and I spotted a lost dog in our neighborhood, so we put it in our car, took it home, and called the number on its tag. Hours later, we reunited pup and owner. It was a glorious occasion. We were so proud of ourselves. Until we asked them where they lived (we were curious how far the dog had traveled.) They responded, "Oh, in that house down there." They pointed. It was the same house whose yard we had gotten the dog out of! Oops! We didn't let on to that point. No need confessing to a dognapping, right??

3. Abby has been in such a good mood today. Girlfriend was fussy yesterday. It was the kind of day where you just want to turn to your friend Jack. Jack Daniels, that is. I ate away my frustration with grilled burgers, greasy fries, greasy cheese sticks and more Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream than you can imagine! Yum!!

4. I bought Abby a new dress, shirt, me a pair of pants and a top for a grand total of $2.58. How so cheap, you ask? Gift cards! I love me some gift cards. I will admit that buying something new to wear makes me feel good, but having someone else pay for them makes me feel even better!

5. I am one day closer to the birth of my nephew, Clark. I call Emily every day (she can attest to that!) to get my update. His official due date is next Wednesday, the 4th, but I don't think he's got any more room to grow! She's been eating hot wings, walking, heck, she's probably doing jumping jacks as we speak, just to get this labor rolling. I am waiting for the phone call, and I am eagerly awaiting the birth of little Clark. I will keep y'all posted as soon as I know something, too.

6. I am also one day closer to LOST. Are any of you LOST fans? Holy cow. If you're not, go rent the DVDs, and start at season 1. It's an amazingly complex, thought-provoking show. Just like VH1's Rock Of Love Bus with Bret Michaels. Ha. Obviously joking. I can't wait to see what's in store tomorrow night. (**Spoiler warning in case you didn't watch last week--stop reading now!**) Do you think Ben indeed killed Penny and Desmond? Or do you think Desmond saved Penny from Ben?? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

7. I'm sure there are more, but I'm mentally empty at the moment. So, I'll leave you with some pics.

These are oldies, but I manipulated them in PhotoShop. I'm totally digging this effect.
Me and Soon-to-be Mama Tenner

Me with BFF Kathy
Hollywood Chic
Abby's BFF Ellie. The two will probably move to LA as soon as they turn 18!

Now some recent pics...



Abby with her favorite people, her grandparents.

Enjoy the beautiful weather, everyone! :)

2 comments:

Team Green said...

I just laughed so hard out loud, I was afraid I woke my children! You just keep getting funnier my friend. THANK YOU for sharing these hilarious moments. I will laugh the rest of the week thinking of you and Bettye dognapping and then not telling. I promise. Have a wonderful day tomorrow welcoming Clark into the world.

The Johnstons said...

I, like Ash, just totally laughed out loud...even to the point of tears!! I then had to read #2 to Jered about the dognapping, and we both laughed out loud! Thanks for sharing and always bringing a smile to our faces. Enjoy becoming an aunt tomorrow!!