Random Thoughts

Monday, February 9, 2009

1. Abby has fallen in love with Cheerios. Morning, noon, and night she can be caught by the pantry door, pointing, saying, "Mommy, O's!! Mommy, Ooooooooo's!!!" For those of you who know me well, you know that I despise Cheerios. I always have. They make me sick to my stomach. I was hoping that Abby would just be UNlike every other toddler I know and hate Cheerios as well. Not gonna happen. Oh well. I'll just grin and bear it. I think I feel my stomach churning already...

2. I'm so thrilled about my nephew's upcoming arrival. Clark's not expected until March 4, but we're thinking he'll come before then. Emily and Jason deserve an award. Married in October, pregnant in June, and then they just bought their first house two weeks ago and are already pretty much compltely moved in. Wow! They've tackled a lot lately!

3. My mom has bronchitis. That is no fun. Get better soon, BeBe!

4. I bought a rug for our entryway, and it makes me oh-so-happy. Is that bad that a rug should make me feel so good?

5. Abby woke up at 6:30 both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Ugh. I wish kids understood the concept of a "weekend," right?

6. Abby and her BFF Ellie had the best time playing together last night. I took a video of them chasing one another, but I'm having technical difficulties, so hopefully I can post that soon.

7. I think Abby is part monkey. She has begun to climb on furniture. But she doesn't like bananas, so that may throw out my theory...

8. Like Cheerios, I despide folding laundry. There are two loads of laundry that need folding and putting up, and I am procrastinating. If I could hire a lady to come and fold my laundry, I would. Wow. I realize I sound really lazy.

9. Abby has started to string words together pretty nicely. She also loves to shout, "Go, Dog. Go!" It's one of my personal favorite children's books. The Dog Party at the very end is totally awesome.

10. Abby has an unnatural love for all things starch. She gets that from me. Guilty. If I would let her, she would eat bread (she calls it "B") chips, crackers ("CaCas"), and Cheerios all day long.

11. I have nothing more. Oh, I have some pics to post. Here you go:

Sunglass diva We played outside yesterday with the sidewalk chalk.
Too cute

Watching an airplaneThis is one of my favorite pictures ever. A group of kids had just walked past us on the sidewalk, and I caught the moment she was saying, "Bye-Bye!" to them, waving her hand and all. This picture, to me, is totally Abby. Riding in the shopping cart. What else would you do with it?!A black and white I love.
Hugging Pooh
Sad Face!
Excited face!

2 comments:

Tim and Steph Lovell said...

Love the pictures!! By the way, I feel the same way about cheerios... it's no wonder that they're good for you, they just are yuck!!

H said...

Cathy,
I remember the year that my Dad (Uncle Scooter) wrapped your gift up in the only box he could find that it would fit in, the giant Cheerios box from Sam's. He really didn't know that you dislike Cheerios. But it was very funny when you realized that was not what was in the box!
Love ya,
Holly