Observations from the past week

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

1. What end up being some of my favorite pictures of Abby are those that come completely by surprise. Take yesterday afternoon for example. I had my camera in the front yard to snap pics of Miss Abby as she pushed Pooh around in her stroller. I snapped, snapped away. They were OK pics, fairly generic. Nothing that screamed "Frame me and hang me on the wall!" But sometimes I surprise myself with what I happen to click. Here are two of my new favorite pics below:

I love this pic. I happened to catch Abby looking across the street (I think at our neighbor's black cat), and somehow got a perfect profile shot. Funny thing is, I didn't even have my camera up to my eye. I just held out the camera, clicked the button, and this is what I ended up with (thanks to a little editing, of course.)

Abby then insisted on going to our neighbors' house to say hi to them. Is it as obvious to you as it is to me that they're not at home?! I think she would have sat there all day if I would have let her.

2. I'm hoping our second child is as relaxed and content as our new nephew Clark. He still has yet to cry! Amazing! I've always heard that the second child is completely different from the first, so Jason and Emily may end up with a little hellion next time around!! So, enjoy little Clark now, guys! :)

Kissing cousins

3. I caught Abby getting into this whole Mardi Gras thing a bit too much.... It's cute when they're 21 months, but no so much when they're 21 years old, right? 4. I'm thinking about hiring out Abby as a maid. She does a spectacular job with the floors. I figure the extra income can't hurt, right? At least until we figure out where to buy those trees that money grows on...
5. Speaking of extra money, have you seen how much children's shoes cost?? We went to Stride Rite this morning (the Outlet, mind you), and the sandals I wanted for Abby were over $20. Call me crazy, but that's expensive. Or do I just need a reality check? I could get two pairs for the same price at good ol' Target. Gosh, I'm cheap. Ugh.

6. The Terrible Twos are beginning to grace our house. Have they visited yours yet? Abby's newest (and quite overused phrase, frankly) is "No, Mommy!" Sigh. Here's how a conversation might go at our house:

Abby, do you love me? No, Mommy. Abby, do you love Daddy? No, Mommy. Abby, is your name Abby? No, Mommy. Abby, does a cow say moo? No, Mommy. Abby, if you could eat ice cream all day, would you? No, Mommy. Abby, do I look fat in these jeans? No, Mommy. (Well, I guess it can't always be a bad thing to say, right??)

She soooo loves testing the waters. But the funny thing is, after she says "no, no, no" she can flip a switch and say, "I love you, Mommy" and proceed to give me a big hug and a kiss. It melts my heart. Here's hoping that the Terrible Twos go away before she actually turns two!! :)

Here she is with her Baboo (Uncle Chris). They have so much fun together!
7. I'm officially addicted to Girl Scout cookies. I ordered the Tagalongs, you know, the chocolate and peanut butter kind. It's like Heaven in a red box. And I think the box will be empty by sundown. :(

4 comments:

Sarah said...

the picture on the neighbor's doorstep is FANTASTIC. love, love, love it!!!

The Johnstons said...

LOVE that first picture of Abby!!

Corpus Christi said...

Love the photo of Abby on the doorstep!

Angela said...

Everything is "NO" with a violent shake of the head. And this started at 14 months. Guess we've got a long way to go. Love the pictures:) And love your blog. My blog address is on my fb page if you are interested!