Good Times

Monday, March 9, 2009

Some of you know that Matt had minor surgery on Friday to remove a cyst that has been causing him pain on his lower back for months. I accompanied him to surgery bright and early Friday morning (6:30, to be exact), and man, I never realized how H-O-T he looks in a surgical gown and cap! Watch out ladies! (I love you, babe, if you're reading this!) :) Anyway, he was quite the trooper. Once I was able to see him after surgery, he was totally out of it. Here's how our conversation went after he was in recovery and was finally coming out of the anesthesia:

Me: small talk, how do you feel, etc.
Matt: blurry eyed
Me: more small talk
Matt: really uncomfortable
Me: So, are any of your other girlfriends coming to visit you after your surgery (my attempt at comic relief)
Matt: Oh yeah, several of them are. (said sarcastically)
Me: Oh, is that right? (laughing) Which one's coming to see you first? What's her name? (expecting Matt to stumble and search for something to say)
Matt: (not missing a single beat) Brenda.
Me: Brenda?!

Matt still swears up and down he never said that. I'm thinking I should check the "B's" in his BlackBerry's address book. Ha! :) If you happen to see Matt accompanied by any mysterious woman around town, you people let me know, ok? :)

Also, here's another funny conversation Matt and I had while watching American Idol last week:
Me: Oh, that contestant's such a Cutie McCuterson (my term of endearment)
Matt: (annoyed) Cathy, how is it that all of the guys on TV, like rock stars and quarterbacks, that you find so hot look NOTHING LIKE ME??
Me: (light bulb going off) Matt, do you think girls with big boobs are attractive??
Matt: Point proven. (He then shuts up.) :)

Now to the pictures from the last several days:

My newest favorite picture of Abby

Oh my gosh! Stop the presses! A picture of me and Abby!

A true Southern gal: Playing in the backyard with no pants on. That's how we roll with Texas weather.

Abby with her BeBe and Pops

Here she is at breakfast this morning. I have no words.
Another one of my new favorite pictures. I don't really know why though. As I was sitting in the backyard, I noticed that she and the ball and frisbee were completely color coordinated. Too good of a pic to pass up.
Lastly, I'll leave you with my Sunday School lesson I taught yesterday. (Side note: I really enjoyed teaching yesterday. I felt like "Mrs. Tenner" again. It was kind of exciting.) Also, if any of you Sunday School members happen to be reading this: thanks for not making fun of me for making handouts. At least I didn't give a pop quiz, right?! Anyhoo, I taught a lesson on worrying, and I thought I'd share two of my main points:

1. Worry replaced by Prayer = Trust. Read that a couple of times and let it sink in. Hard to do sometimes, honestly. But that's why it's called FAITH, right?

2. Scripture to remember: Matthew 6:27: Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? In other words, worrying is going to do you absolutely no good. (Unless, of course, you suspect your husband is having an affair with a stranger named Brenda...) Just kidding. :)

Here's to a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you like teaching so much because we took a secret vote and you're teaching the rest of the year :) I thought you did a great job -Sarah

The Tenner Family said...

What?! Secret vote?! Um, I just remembered that Matt and I are transferring our denomination to another church. Did I fail to mention that on Sunday?? :)