4 Reasons Life Is Good

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1. Es el momento de celebrar! Good news: Our Dora is not leaving us. Can you hear me breathing a sigh of relief? Ah! Turns out Nickelodeon got a lot of flak from its release of The New Dora's silhouette, and got an earful from mothers just like yours truly. So, a couple of days ago, they released the actual picture of The New Dora. And, most importantly, they stated that the current, good ol' Dora isn't going anywhere. Turns out this New Dora is aimed for girls ages 5-8, and will be some sort of doll girls can interact with online. Whew. I was worried there for a bit. This New Dora is actually kind of cute. Not nearly as sexy as that silhouette made her out to be, right? I mean, after all, what did Nick expect? Anyhoo, I thought this worthy of an update blog.

2. I am childless for the next four days! Do not get me wrong. I love my daughter. I would take a bullet for that girl. Honest. But how glorious it has been for Matt and me to have alone time. We actually went to On The Border last night and sat at the bar and had a merry ol' time. Just the two of us. No sippy cups. No picking up crayons that fall to the floor. Just barstools, adult beverages, and no responsibility! Hallelujah!! I slept until 8:30 this morning, watched TV in bed until 10:30, and I barely knew what to do with myself! I actually left the house at 2:30. Unheard of for a stay-at-home mom of a toddler. We are ALWAYS at home between 1:00 and 4:00 for nap time. Not today!! Instead, she is being royally spoiled in Longview with her four grandparents, her great-grandma (MoMo as Abby calls her) and her Baboo (Uncle Chris).

3. The reason I am childless is because we are going out to Lubbock to see our BFFs Kathy and Cary. Stinky, brown Lubbock, here we come!!

4. I got to see my Sister Tenner (Emily) and my favorite nephew Clark this afternoon. It was a fix I desperately needed!! Clark must love me because he majorly spit up on me. Ah, the joys of being an aunt! :) Clark, you owe me $20 in case that stain doesn't come out of my shirt, by the way.

And here are some pics from the last week I'll leave you with:

Adorable hat I picked up from the dollar bin at Target. I heart Target.
Front yard fun
She was very concerned with the poop on the sidewalk!
Is this an I'm-Up-To-Something look or what??
Abby's friend Ava from down the street came over the other morning to play. She showed up in a Texas cheerleading outfit. Oh, the horrors! So, I quickly put on Abby's Tech one. (Nope, she doesn't own an A&M one. I think I would have to somehow sneak it into the house past Tech-Is-Better-Than-Everything Matt). Ah, a Red Raider helping a Longhorn. Would never happen in real life.
Here's a super cute shot I took of Miss Ava. What a doll!!
Also last week, I ventured out to meet the newest member of the Stone family, Miss Emma. And what a cutie she is!
And here's her adorable big sis Harper. Is this girl not model material?
She insisted of being photographed with her baby doll. I love this pic.

OK, I'm out! Enjoy this gorgeous Spring weather, people!! :)

2 comments:

The Johnstons said...

I'm so jealous of your adult time!! Have so much fun in Lubbock!!

Unknown said...

At least the new Dora's head won't be 4 times the size of her body.