Class Pic

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I got back Abby's school picture yesterday, and I was pleased. I thought it turned out pretty cute. Especially considering she missed actual picture day due to a recurring case of pink eye! Poor gal. I also received the group picture of her class. She's not in it due to her absence. So, I have an 8x10 picture of five random kids. Don't think that will be going up on the fridge anytime soon! Maybe when I get a chance, I'll Photoshop her in. Sounds like a good solution to me!

I was kind of surprised this was the "school picture." It looks more like I went to a Sears Portrait Studio and paid $20 for a sheet, right? I mean, I thought she'd be sitting at a cute little desk with a cup of pencils and an apple on it. Instead, she sits in a chair with cushions circa 1989. I'm not complaining. But as my mom said, "That's not what yours or your brother's school pictures looked like when you were little." Agreed.

On a side note, I'm going to jump on my pal Holly's bandwagon for a minute. I, too, have heard of more people reading my blog than I realized, and I would really like to hear from y'all. It's nice to hear from someone other than a one year old yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!" all the time and dogs barking at the UPS guy. So, leave a comment every once in a while. You don't even have to have a blog to leave a comment. So, thanks Holly, for bringing up that point. You had been reading my mind for a while.

I think that's it. Back to getting Christmas cards ready to mail by this weekend. Happy shopping. Watch out for those crazy drivers!

4 comments:

Anna said...

i'm on holly's bandwagon too. yes cathy, people are reading your blog. i tell all my girlfriends about how great of a writer you are...you tell such vivid stories. you need to write a book...call it the abby collection and call me when it hits the bookstores.

Unknown said...

Great picture of Abby...she's too cute! And, you know I already "stalk" your blog :) I enjoy reading it!

The Johnstons said...

glad i could get you on the bandwagon! :) sweet picture of little miss abby!

Uyen said...

Cathy - I've been reading your blog for months. I love your writing style and am very envious of your ability to capture my attention no matter what the subject is. I'm glad you and your family are doing so well. We're not far from each other - I live in Denton. :) Happy Holidays!
-Uyen Tran
And go Lobos - State bound!