One Year Old!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Miss Abby Mae turned one on Sunday, and she's only slightly changed since we took her home from the hospital... :)
I still can't believe that it's been 365 days since she was born. Absolutely unbelievable! (If you read my last post, you already know my thoughts on Abby's birth. Let me say it was QUITE nice getting a full night's sleep this May 17th and not waking up to water breaking! What a difference a year makes!) We had a wonderful day with our family (and our friends, The Cappettas) in order to celebrate Abby's first birthday. Here are some highlights of the cookout and cupcakes.

My mom always took Chris' and my picture when we first woke up on our birthdays. I plan to carry on the same tradition. Here is Miss Abby's first photo as a one year old! Check out that bed head! :)
After a bath and a morning nap, it was time to party! Here she is greeting the fam at the front door.
Right now, Abby is really into textures. Anything remotely soft she puts up to her face and rubs. I'll say "So Soft", and she will pick up whatever is the softest thing that's close and rub her face on it. I guess that's what she's doing with her BFF Ellie!
A tad unsure what this thing is in front of her. Even though she attempted to touch the flame, she didn't succeed. Whew!

Time for an outfit change!
Abby also shares a birthday with my mom (who says that her first grandchild was the best gift she could have ever received!) and Matt's mom's birthday is May 25th, so we celebrated their birthdays as well.
As you can see by this picture, Abby is super excited about the Pooh Storybook her Auntie Kathy and Uncle Cary sent her for her birthday! I mean, who wouldn't be excited by this gift? It's Winnie The Pooh for goodness sake! :)
Abby with the grandparents immediately before she dozed off. It was a busy day for Sweet Pea. I think we all needed a nap at that point! :)
Matt and I are officially parents of a one-year-old. Yikes! Where has the time gone?!
Here is Mama feeling just a tad better and a bit more dressed up this May 18th. :)
Nana and Papa got Abby this red wagon. We've already taken it around the neighborhood a few times. She loves it! I'm pretty sure she's making all of the other wagonless kids in the neighborhood jealous!
Grammie and Pops got Abby an activity gym, and Abby really enjoys it too! Now if I could only get her to understand that you don't try to go down the stairs and up the slide!
This girl walks in laps around our house. I think I walk through my kitchen about 30 times a day! :) So, Matt and I got her a shopping cart. If only I could send her to Kroger with a grocery list...
And finally, here's our little TV star! I sent in Abby's picture to Fox 4's Good Day morning show (hey, I have a lot of time on my hands, remember?!), and they ran it this morning! I rewind it over and over and play it for Abby. She sees "the baby" on TV and laughs! :)

Happy birthday, Abby, my little one year old!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!

2 comments:

The Johnstons said...

such cute pictures! happy late birthday, miss abby!

Julie said...

We have that same wagon! And so funny that you sent her picture in for the news. I have never thought of that! So is it time to have another one now that Abby is one?!?! ;)