Donuts with Dad and Other Goings On :)

Monday, October 5, 2009

Last Thursday at Abby's school, her Orange Room held its annual "Donuts with Dad." Here are my two favorite people before we headed up to the church.
Can you tell which one doesn't really belong? :)
Then it was time for the dads and kids to circle up and do a little Ring-Around-The-Rosy. Oh how fun this was to watch!
After that, the kids sat down and performed their welcome song. Each verse is devoted to each child, and it went a little something like this, "Abby, Abby, jump up and down...turn all around...and sit back down!" The kids hit the floor and sing while each kid gets up and performs when it's her turn.
Here was Abby's turn
After Circle Time, it was time to head to Chapel Time. It warmed my heart to see Abby sitting with her Daddy up there.
A great morning was had by all!:)

Also last week, we went to the park with our friends Mica and Ava. After feeding the ducks, Abby decided to climb the rock she has always avoided.

Climbing... ...climbing...
...and she made it! :)
My little climber. :)

Pure joy.
And lastly, I have to show off Abby's new PJs. She has a new obsession with Cinderella. So much so that shoes are no longer called “shoes” around here. They’re now “slippers.” Abby will purposely take off one of her “shoes” and say, “Oh no! My glass slipper fell off!” Seriously! Oh, and how she loves to walk around in my heels and pretend they’re her “glass slippers.” Too cute!
Here's her best "Asleep" impression.
And here are just two cute pics from last week too. I call this one "I Really Want That Chip!"
Happy Roo
I hope y'all have had a wonderful weekend. :) I am headed to Longview this weekend to visit with family, and I am so excited to see my grandmother! She has been discharged from the hospital and is now at a rehab facility. Her first radiation treatment was today, and I am anxious to hear how she feels. Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I left your blog up while I put Liam to sleep...Owen keeps coming in here and saying hi to "Babby". Its pretty cute!!

The Johnstons said...

Love the Donuts with Dad! I wish Parker's school would do something like that..so fun! The pictures are precious. Hope you had a good trip to Longview and enjoyed your visit with your grandmother.