Gig 'Em!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Matt and I ventured to West Texas this past weekend to watch A&M get stomped by Tech. Or so we thought. I admit it, I had little faith in my Aggies, but boy did they prove me (and most college football fans) wrong!

Here's some of the sights on our five hour trek to Slaton/Lubbock: plateaus.
Matt getting his Guns Up.
Photographer me.
We finally made it to Slaton, and I got to see my BFF Kathy! (Who just turned 30 by the way!)

Here's Matt and his "Red Raider buddy" Kathy. While she graduated from A&M, she did go to the "dark side" and graduate from medical school at Tech. Luckily, she bleeds maroon. Kathy wore her red and black just to annoy Cary. And it worked. :)
Cary, Kathy, me and Matt tailgating before the game.
And what a game it was. I couldn't believe it. Neither could anyone else in the stadium. We were SHOCKED. I have never seen A&M win in Lubbock, and that was my fourth or fifth time to go to the Tech/A&M game out there. Way to go, Aggies! If I hadn't seen the victory with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it! Here's the proof:
Happy campers.
Three happy people and one unhappy one with a fake smile.
Matt lost a bet with Cary and had to don an Aggie shirt. I think Matt would have rather eaten manure.
What a good sport Matt is!

The weekend went by way too fast, like it always does! We had a blast, Kathy and Cary, and can't wait to do it again SOON!!! :) Whoop! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time too! I can't believe how fast the weekend went by. Thanks for everything and Gig 'Em right back at ya! ;)
-Kathy

bzanolini said...

Congratulations Aggies! And thank you for not just rubbing it in the raiders faces. Wish we could have seen you all!