Trip to the LV

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Abby and I traveled to Longview Thursday afternoon and were able to stay until yesterday. What a wonderful few days it was! I got to take in a Longview football game with my family while Abby got to spend some time with her Nana and Papa (and eat and play at Chick-fil-a nonetheless, so she was a happy camper!), go shopping with my mom, get to spend time with my absolutely wonderful in-laws, and hang out with my brother!

And not only was Abby able to spend lots of quality time with her BeBe, Pops, Nana, Papa, and Baboo (Uncle Chris) but she was able to visit with her Momo (Grandma) a lot! Oh, how our visit perked Grandma up too! Luckily when I visited, she seemed in good spirits. Of course, she has rough days, but having Abby around surely helped her spirits! Yay!

Here's Grandma and me
Abby with her Momo
This totally cracked me up. Abby found Grandma's controls for the bed. Good thing she didn't make Grandma's feet touch her head! Yikes!
Oh how they love to play with one another!
Abby just gave Grandma "five".
Abby entertained herself in Grandma's room by playing with the wheelchair. Once she discovered it the first day, there was no turning back. Here she is pushing her Pops around the room!

Back at my parents' house, Abby discovered Grandma's magnifying glass. Too funny.
Here are a couple more of Abby and her Pops from the weekend. How I managed to only get pictures of my dad and none of the other grandparents is beyond me. Sorry everybody!!
Rockin'
It was so great to be able to spend so much time in Longview. I'm thankful to say that we left Grandma in good spirits, and I hope it continues! She is on day 7 of 13 days of radiation treatments, and while she's physically feeling better, she is absolutely exhausted. Please keep her in your prayers over the next few days and weeks please! :)
Lastly, I'll leave you with a cute pic of Abby. Thanks to her BeBe for this super cute shirt and socks. In her Orange Room at school today, all the kiddos were to wear orange, as that is their color of the month. Too cute to not share!
Abby's Cinderella princess costume arrived over the weekend, and it is ADORABLE!!!! I cannot wait to take pics and show them to you. Our church's Fall Festival is Saturday, so hopefully I will get some good ones then. Happy Tuesday everyone! :)

2 comments:

Emily Tenner said...

Love the new pictures, especially of Abby loving on Momo!!! She sure is getting more beautiful every day! I cannot wait to see Abby in her Cinderella dress!!

Dustin & Kate said...

Hi Cathy,

This is Beth Eager Zanolini's cousin Kate. I came across your blog through a link on Beth's blog. I hope you don't think I'm creepy! (Here, I even have my own blog: www.kateanddustin.blogspot.com - just so you'll know who I am!)

I just wanted to tell you that I am touched by your posts about your grandmother and what she is going through. I will be praying for her and your family!

The pictures of her with Abby are so precious! They actually made me tear up! Especially the one where Abby is laying next to her and kissing her. Just priceless.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and that I'll be thinking of you! I know how hard it can be to watch a beloved grandparent suffer. God bless y'all!