Happy Birthday to You Two

Monday, May 18, 2009

A Huge Happy Birthday to two of my favorite females today: Abby turns two, and my mom turns 60!! Wow. Time has flown by. (I'm sure my mom would agree to this much more than I would, as 30 still sounds kind of old to me. Just keeping it real, folks.) This time two years ago, I was holding my new baby girl in my arms. And now, as I sit here and type this, I hear Abby chat-chat-chatting away in her crib. She's supposed to be asleep. (Keyword=supposed) I guess all the sugar she's consumed here lately has kept her wired. :) Ah, how drastically things change in two short years!

Abby had a birthday party on Saturday. Rainy, rainy, rainy Saturday. The party was supposed to be at the park. So, because Mother Nature didn't cooperate, everything got moved to our house. Luckily Abby's new bounce house arrived on Thursday, so in the garage it went. Bouncing, cake, opening presents and visiting with family and friends consumed the evening, and a great time was had by all. I don't have many pictures of the event but I'll definitely post more later when I get them off my family's cameras. In the meantime, this is what I've got:

The invite

The cake


The favor bags

The birthday girl

Jumping in the bounce house

Taken this morning. Officially a two year old!

Our beautiful girl
Cheeeeeeeese!

And to put it in perspective, here she is the morning of her first birthday.
Happy 2nd birthday, Roo!! (Check back for more party pics sometime next week)

By the way, I mentioned a couple of posts ago that a surprise reception was held in honor of my mom over Mother's Day weekend. Well, in Kilgore, TX, today is, officially, "Bettye Craddock Day." There's a nice write-up in the Kilgore News-Herald about her, and if you want to read it, click here.

1 comments:

The Johnstons said...

Cute, fun party!! It is so crazy how much they change in one short year!