Oh, What a night!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Last night was one of those nights you dread as a parent. You know, the My-Child-Is-Sick-In-The-Middle-Of-The-Night-And-All-I-Want-Is-For-Her-To-Feel-Better-So-We-Can-All-Get-Our-Sleep Nights. Have you had one of those? I don't wish them on anybody!!

Here was my running tally from last night (2:30am-4:30 am). I kid you not, this is what all we went through:
3 baths
5 pairs of PJs (sorry Dora--Abby obviously didn't intentionally mean to vomit all over you!)
2 crib sheets
11 blankets

5 loads of laundry
10 sprays of Febreeze
2 washcloths
2 tired parents
1 sick girl!


I actually ran out of blankets for her to sleep with, so by 4:30, she was sleeping with towels. Seriously! Ah, the joys of parenthood! Let's hope tonight goes a little more smoothly! I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

H said...

Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon. I hate those nights.

Holly

Unknown said...

Some major praying for you guys from us...I hope she feels better soon!