Tidbits

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Well, there's not too much to report on our end, so I thought I'd post a few pics.

Yesterday, Abby made her third (yes, third!) trip to the doctor in the past three weeks. She has this virus that she just can't seem to shake. I swear her nose has been running off and on for over a month now, and she's developed a nasty cough along with it too. After her double ear infection, we went to see Dr. G. because she had developed pink eye, causing her to miss Mother's Day Out last week and her class picture. No fun! Luckily, that cleared up in time for Halloween, and she was able to make up her individual picture but not her class picture. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to Photoshop her in. :)

Well, the eye infection had returned yesterday. Argh! Luckily, a couple of eyedrops and some teaspoons of Triaminic later, Abbster is back up in running. I'm trying to keep her away from kids for a couple of days until she is fully recovered. Rick and Evelyn (Matt's parents) are coming in this weekend, so here's hoping Abby is back to 100% by then!

Things Abby does pretty much on a daily basis:

This morning, at Kohl's, she waved to almost every single person she saw. In the past, I encouraged her to wave, but she has started to do it on her own now. Especially at cars. If we're in the front yard playing, and a car drives by, she stops what she's doing and waves at it. Too cute.

She asks "What's that?!" about 100 times a day. No joke. She points to EVERYTHING and asks "What's that?!" Here is our routine at breakfast: She points to spoon. What's that?! I respond, It's a spoon. She points to yogurt. What's that?! I respond, It's yogurt. She points to the baby on the yogurt. What's that?! I respond, It's a baby. Say 'baby.' Abby says, Bah-bah. Good, I say. She points to waffle. What's that?! I respond, It's a waffle. She points to spoon. What's that?! I respond, It's a spoon. You get the idea. It's a vicious cycle!

She can spot airplanes like nobody's business. As soon as she sees one, she freaks out! She points to the sky. What's that?! It's a plane. What's that?! It's a plane. What's that?! It's still a plane. Ha!

She can now roar like a lion. Impressive. (A huge Shout Out to BFF Ellie who originated the Lion Roar!)

I've taught her how to point to her tray or to herself when she wants something--mainly food. I hated when she'd get all "grabby" and fuss, so now she points at her tummy or her tray. It's pretty funny because when she sees something she wants, she jams her finger into her tummy over and over and over, like she is SO excited to eat a Nilla Wafer she can't stand the thought of waiting any longer for it!

She can recognize so many objects in her Picture book. Duck. Moon. Clouds. Fish. Ball. Bear. Baby. Spoon. I'm still completely in awe of how quickly children pick up on things.

I know there's more, but I'm tired of typing, and I need to post some pics. :)

Abby is totally into painting at the moment. Here she is, Future Picasso.
Actually, her favorite thing to do is dip the brush in the water. The brush makes a "ding" when it hits the side of the glass, and she just thinks that's the funniest thing ever! So, she just taps her brush in the water over and over again!
Just a happy shot of Miss Abby. Notice the Crazy Hair on her left. It's ALWAYS been like that!

Case in point: Abby at one month, one day old. While she obviously doesn't have as much hair as she does now, you can see that even at a very young age, her hair on the left side was quite unmanageable!
She LOVES to dance on the water line cover in the front yard. She is one groovin' gal!!
Those gorgeous Tenner eyes that I, again, can take absolutely NO credit for!
Happy girl at lunch
I just love pigtails and jumpers. Thanks, Nana, for this weiner dog jumper!! Ready for church
Oh, and last but not least, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Tech's huge win over Texas this past weekend. Even though Abby's monogram is ATM, I have a feeling she (along with our money) will be going far, far, far away to Tech for college. At least if Matt has a say in it! :) Here is Matt with Little Red Raider Roo. She had the best time cheering on Tech. Too bad she missed the second half--what a game it was. I was actually rooting for Tech. (Things are much happier in our household if Tech wins!) We'll see how they do against OSU Saturday. It's a big game!
Happy Almost Friday, everyone! Enjoy the Fall weather!

3 comments:

The Johnstons said...

that hair on the left side cracks me up!! i am also truly amazed at how much they learn in such a short amount of time...crazy! super impressed that abby sits there and paints...parker would have that water dumped over and playing in it in no time! :)

Anonymous said...

Little Roo needs to make it to another LOBO game so she can LOBO UP! Maybe we'll play in the Dallas area!

Tim and Steph Lovell said...

Abby just gets cuter and cuter every time you post! I hope she gets over her infection soon!!