Catching Up!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello strangers! :) Lately, I have been busier than ever! Thanks to some super-secretive projects I've been working on, I haven't had a spare minute for blogging. Now that the projects are complete, I can breathe once again! Yea! I have been working on Matt's 30th Birthday scrapbook for the past few weeks, so that has been quite the endeavor! And at the same time, Matt and I were creating a 60th Birthday Slideshow for my dad. Both projects were big hits, so all of the hard work paid off! Since I blogged last, both Matt and I celebrated birthdays, Abby has cut a new tooth, my dad turned the big 6-0, and we ventured to Longview for a week.


For my birthday, Matt MAJORLY SURPRISED ME with a new camera. I'm not talking one of those point and click cameras, but a real "fancy-shmancy" camera with lenses and everything! :) I have so much learning to do, but it's been so fun to snap pictures over the 4th weekend while we were in Longview. Hopefully I will perfect my photography skills before Christmas! Here are some pictures from our weekend:


Fourth of July Cutie Patootie

She loves her bath! Especially when it somes to splashing!!
Swimming in the Mill Run pool. Thank you to Auntie Em, our resident phenomenal photographer, for these pics!
Abby and her Dada in her new floatie! What's a trip to the grandparents' without a new toy??
Matt, his dad, and brother Jason
Jason had to borrow some of Rick's REALLY OLD swim shorts. I think the bright pink suits him! ha!
Matt about to do the Cannonball
Sparkler time. I think the fire department could have been called on us!
Miss Abby Mae out by the swing
She loves making this face!
Crazy Uncle Chris LOVES to invent new ways to make Abby laugh. Here he decided to push Abby around in her doll stroller!
A birthday pic
I am in desperate need of more bows!!
Matt turned 30 on July 3rd, and we celebrated at Cape Buffalo with friends at the end of June.

Here's Matt and Moody. Moods came in from Houston for the weekend, and it's always good to see Moody!
Here are the guys with the lead singer for the 80s metal cover band that was playing. Truth be told, they were awesome!
Baxter and I couldn't miss out on a pic either. How "Bret Michaels-wannabe" is this guy?!
Here's what's left of the gang at the end of the night.
Matt with his favorite sister-in-law, Emily.

I hope to be better about posting now that things have slowed down. Now, if I could just get Abby to slow down... :) Here's to a great rest of the week!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pic of Abby with the bow in her hair...she's smiling so big! What a cutie!