The Three of Us on The Fourth

Monday, July 13, 2009

Forgive me for being tardy in updating my blog, but I have a VERY GOOD Excuse. Honest. And one word will explain it all: Twilight. I have become a woman obsessed. The series of books has seriously brought down my productivity with anything house related. Just ask my husband. He can attest to that. I think he wore one clean blue sock and one dirty blue sock to church yesterday. Oops. Laundry hasn't been on my list of priorities, thanks to these four can't-put-me-down books. Thank Goodness Abby naps two hours every day! And once she's nestled safe and sound in her crib each night, I hop in bed and get lost in the land of Edward and Bella all over again. Ah. Have I mentioned I love these books??

OK. Enough of that. But that's my excuse! It's a good one, don't you think? (By the way, in case you feel motivated to comment about the books, I BEG you not to give anything away. I am one of those readers who hates when anything is divulged prematurely!!)

Now for our Fourth of July pics. We traveled to LV to celebrate four birthdays: my dad's, Matt's, mine, and America's. And a great time was had by all. Here are the highlights:

Miss Independence sitting on her favorite swing in Nana and Papa's backyard.

Our USA Cutie at my parents'.
When we told her this was "Uncle Sam", I think she became confused. Can't really blame her. As far as she knows, she only has two uncles: Chris and Jason. :) And this Uncle is totally different from her other two: he's WAY shorter and doesn't make you laugh like the others. He IS, however, like her Uncle Chris in that they both need your money. Chris is notorious for "forgetting" his wallet when we go out to eat!!! ha! (Love you, Chris. I know you're reading this!) :)
The Three Tenners on The Fourth
Abby with her BeBe and Pops
Abby with her Baboo (aka Chris)
While in Longview, we also enjoyed our time at Nana and Papa's Mill Run pool. She loved playing in the water...
...and also pouring water on Nana and Papa's plants.
After good food, birthday celebrations, and entertaining us all for four days, Miss Abby was pooped. Hers is the face of Happiness though.

I hope y'all had a fun and fabulous Fourth too. Coming soon: pics from playing at Willowbend. You're on the edge of your seats now, right?? :)
Okay, I'm off to begin Book Four. Maybe the carpet will get vaccumed by the weekend....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't apologize...reading these four books consumed my life for the first part of this past school year. Shawn was practically wifeless. I had to set my alarm clock at one and two in the morning to make myself quit reading on school nights!!! Glad you guys had a great fourth!

The Bobo Buzz said...

I don't get it. aren't they vampires?

I. don't. get. it.

H said...

I have read them all twice, so I know they are very easy to get caught up in. I think the movie for book 2 comes out in October? I'll have to check to be sure.
Glad you had a good 4th and birthday!

Cuz Holly

Anonymous said...

Abby stands for ADORABLE! Love the picture at the top of your blog!

Guess "forgot my wallet" Chris took a few lessons from my two (who will remain nameless) children! Just kidding! :)

Linda said...

WOW, your new photo for your blog is amazing!