VBS

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm helping at our church's VBS this week, and I'll be honest, I'm having a blast! My Crew consists of nine 6-year-olds, and they are just adorable! (I originally started out with eight kids, but one little boy attached himself to me the very first day, so I let him into my crew. Apparently he took a liking to me because yesterday he asked me to be his girlfriend. How cute is that?! However, he wouldn't take no for an answer, so I politely informed him that I could be his mother. Gotta love first graders! ha!)

It's hard to imagine that in four short years, Abby will be where they are. Unbelievable! Because I'm volunteering up there all week, preschool-aged children of helpers get to attend as well. So, Abby is in the Tumbleweed Toddler class. Now, they don't really have curriculum, and I'm fairly certain she spends her hours playing with baby dolls, putting on and taking off her shoes, and snacking like crazy, but she's having a blast, which is what's important. The toddlers get to wear VBS T-shirts just like the big kids, and I thought it's too cute not to post.
Monday's artworkI'm so thankful I'm helping with VBS this year; it's really been a wonderful experience. But, boy am I tired by the end of the day! All you working moms out there, I have a newfound respect for you. I don't know how you do it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! Abby looks so cute in her little VBS T-shirt. Glad you have been enjoying yourself, too.

The Johnstons said...

So fun!! Glad you (and Abby) are having such a great time!