Catchin' Up. And how is it June 12 already?!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Gosh, there's so much I need to catch up on, but oh-so-little time. Having a two-year-old is demanding. Did y'all know that? And not in a "newborn demanding" kind of way but in a "We're-Always-On-The-Go-Kind-of-Demanding," which I oh-so-love, actually. The pool has been calling our name lately, and I plan on going there as much as possible this summer. Gotta love pools! Abby and I have been having a great June so far. Our little two-year-old will repeat anything we say (and I mean Anything!) and is picking up new words and phrases left and right.

Here are some highlights:

1. Abby's new favorite (and almost overused phrase) is "Kick the ball in goal." This she picked up from Soccer Tots, which she LOVES and is pretty darn good at, if I must say so myself. She proceeds to kick her foot and show us how she kicks the ball, then she throws her head back, pumps her fists in the air and yells, "Goooooooal" really loudly. It's the funniest thing!

2. Abby and I rocked out to some T.I. and Rhianna yesterday on our way Soccer Tots. While she loves Disney's Choo Choo Soul CD, this girl is a hip-hop fan at heart. Her mama is from Longview after all. :)

3. Her favorite song in the entire world is The Killers' "Human." Seriously. As soon as we're all buckled in Matt's Tahoe, she yells, "Music, Daddy, MUSIC!!!!!" This is our cue to turn to Track 2. As soon as the music starts, she gets so excited. Come refrain time, she's even got a whole choreographed dance she does along with the music. It's hysterical. Matt and I absolutely love the song too, but we're afraid it's losing its luster as we've listened to it dozens and dozens of times!

4. Abby loves talking about past events. "Ant bit toe." "Boo-boo knee." "Daddy's mower. Ouch. Sizzle." "Boo-boo. Ellie's. Wawa (water). Fall down." I realize as I type this that all of my example phrases have to do with injuries. Oy. Two year olds sure do keep Band-Aid in business, don't they??

5. Abby loves to count. But she forgets 6, 7, and 8. Oh well. Surely she'll get that all figured out by Kindergarten. At least that's my hope.

6. There's a lot more, but Dora's just made it to the Red Path in the Cornfield, so I need to wrap things up. I think they're almost to Mama Bird, so I fear the end is near. Sigh.

Here are some pics from the past few days:

Love pigtails!

Dancing with "Baby Clarky"


Just a hat

Abby's BFF Ellie in the same hat. What a doll.

Baboo (my brother Chris) is in town for some Ranger games (we went to last night's), so this morning, we took Abby to Willowbend to play. While she does enjoy running around and playing in the play area, she'd much rather use up all of my quarters on the "choo-choos."

She loves climbing in that darn cup of coffee!
Just some cute pics:
In the wagon, ready to head to the pool

Just Abby

Happy weekend, all! :)

2 comments:

Mary C. said...

Abby is adorable!

"Baboo" is quite a charming name for one's uncle, agree? Have a feeling Uncle Chris is charmed, as well!

Wonder why she loves the pool? Could it be her mother was once a lil tadpole herself?

:)

Corpus Christi said...

Love the updates and photos, especially the one of Abby and baby Clarky