Grandma Update and Arboretum Pics

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I realized I needed to post a "Grandma Update" as so many of you have been wonderful to ask how she is doing. She completed her radition a couple of weeks ago, and she has been relatively pain-free because of that! Yay for radiation! However, her lack of appetite has been a major concern. Last Monday (8 days ago), she was rushed to the hospital from the nursing home for dangerously low nutritional levels. She received a blood transfusion as well as fluids, and she was on the mend. But what was supposed to be a 2-day hospital stay has turned into 8 days.

First came back pain and stomach pain, which was remedied by medicine and a pain-patch. Then came pure exhaustion. And then yesterday she developed a blood clot in her leg as well as a bacterial infection. Poor Grandma just can't seem to catch a break. Luckily she is on medication to help with all of this, which is wonderful. So, that's how she's doing physically.

Emotionally-speaking, she has good days, and then she has bad days. I can't imagine the range of emotions that she's going through, but all I know is that she is allowed to feel however she wants to feel, and my prayer is for comfort and strength to get through all of this. Easier said than done, I know, but Grandma is strong, and I hope she has more positive days in the near future. She should be released from the hospital on Thursday. When I know more, I will post. We are going to visit her this weekend, and I cannot wait to give her a big hug!!!

Now...let's get to some pictures, shall we? We went to the Arboretum with our friends Mica and Ava last week, and here are some pics from our visit:

Sweet girl

Abby and Ava

By the Gingerbread House

SweetCheesin' it up for me!

This past weekend, we also celebrated our sister-in-law's 30th birthday (Happy Birthday, Emily!), and I hope to post pics soon! :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Abby's hair is getting SO LONG! She is beautiful! Still praying for your grandma...continue to keep us updated!